Coach Ken Purcell on Losing
Updated: September 21, 2015
The AUTHORITY on Texas High School Football!
The LSG Coaches Show
Chris Doelle sits down with Coach Ken Purcell and they talk about a very important subject - losing. After all, every single weekend, half of the teams that play football lose their game.
- Coach Ken Purcell continues to share his passion for Texas high school football and the vital role played by coaches in making this such a unique and great sport.
- We are at the halfway point on the season already for the teams that won't be making it to the postseason.
- How you carry yourself after a loss is much more telling than how you act after win.
- You are great coach if you carry yourself the same way whether you win or lose.
"I'd rather watch a winner than hear one any day
Let your loving light show me the way
I'll turn out to be exactly like you are today"
- How to deal with an athlete when they make a mistake like the kicker that missed the PAT for the University of Texas. How do you build that kid up?
- People who aren't involved in our sport don't understand that coaches are teaching more than passing, catching and tackling... they are teaching life lesson, character, pride and more.