Coach Ken Purcell on San Antonio incident
Updated: September 7, 2015
The Leading Texas High School Football Radio Show
The LSG Coaches Show
Chris Doelle sits down with Coach Ken Purcell as the recent horrific incident was the perfect backdrop for a discussion about character and discipline.
- Coach Ken Purcell continues to share his passion for Texas high school football and the vital role played by coaches in making this such a unique and great sport.
- Ken's proposal for dealing with the issue as it relates to the kids
- Chris' more drastic knee-jerk reaction
- Ken tells a story of how he was reminded that we shouldn't let one tragic incident make us overlook all the great kids and all their great accomplishments on and off the field
- Teaching values and character is a big part of Texas high school football
- You only get once chance to make a first impression - here are the keys when you meet someone and shake their hand:
- Firm handshake
- Your eyes
- Your name
- A smile
- You do not have a right to play athletics, that is a privilege.
Do you have something to say about Texas high school football? Call the fan feedback line 713-568-6361 and lets hear what you have to say!
← Previous Story Stat Leaders & Record Breakers Week 2