Ken & Chris 092916
Updated: September 29, 2016
Ken & Chris Talk Texas High School Football
brought to you by Lone Star Gridiron
The AUTHORITY on Texas High School Football! ™
Each week LSG founder, Chris Doelle and Coach Ken Purcell sit down and discuss the action across the state as well as the beliefs that have made the two friends and co-authors of the soon-to-be-released book All I Need to Know I Learned From My Texas High School Football Coach: A handbook of wisdom for parents, young people and yes, even coaches! (preorders are available here)
Tune in each week during the football season for analysis on the teams and athletes and also some insight into what makes Texas high school football so great.
This week, Ken and Chris talk about:
- Elimination begins for some teams around the state this week
- The eternal optimism of Texas high school football coaches
- Stadiums - why do we build the monster facilities?
- The importance of the press box
- The talent of athletes will win out in the end
- Dickinson is the real deal
- What is going on at Cedar Hill?
- The importance of a multi-purpose stadium to make the building of stadiums worth all that money
- Legitimate media credentials
- Ken's take on Chris' UIL stadium idea
- How AT&T Stadium was built to accommodate high school football in Texas
- Southlake Carroll hasn't proven anything yet
- West Orange-Stark is seriously solid
- Jack Dallas and the perfect names for Texas high school football QBs
- A look ahead at some of the great games coming up this week
Teams mentioned: Cibolo Steele, Converse Judson, Farmersville, Denton Ryan, Dickinson, Richmond George Ranch, De Soto, Cedar Hill, Denton, Pearland, Euless Trinity, Southlake Carroll, Carthage, Henderson, The Woodlands, Lufkin, Cypress Ranch, Cypress Creek, Sonora, Iraan, Corpus Christi Ray, Frisco Lone Star, Frisco, West Orange-Stark, Kennedale, Wimberley, Boerne, Lubbock Coronado, Andrews, Post, Farwell, Daingerfield,