2012 LSG Texas High School Football Team Preview — Azle Hornets
Team: Azle Hornets (5-4A)
Facebook: Go Hornets!!
Twitter: Go Hornets!!
Stadium: Hornet Field (Capacity: 5500)
Enrollment: 1,773.5 — 4th largest in the district out of 8 schools
@ Denton Guyer **
Wichita Falls **
@ Fort Worth Brewer **
@ Wichita Falls Rider **
@ Trophy Club Nelson **
Lake Dallas **
Coach: Devon Dorris (2 years) 6-14 at Azle; 6-14 All-Time Coaching Record
Coaches Comments: WE SHOULD BE IN CONTENTION FOR A PLAYOFFS SPOT. DISTRICT OUTLOOK: RIDER AND GUYER ARE THE CREAM OF THE CROP. THE REST IS UP FOR GRABS.
Returning Lettermen: 22
Returning Starters: Offense: 9 Defense: 6
* RB HUNTER MCDONALD- BELL COW
* JORDAN MORRE- HE WAS THE LEADING TACKLER LAST YEAR 79 TACKLES
* QB CORBYN KOINER- RETURNING QB
* NOLAN HARRIS- THIS WILL BE HIS THIRD YEAR TO START. LED TEAM IN RECEPTIONS AS A SOPH
* OL JR DANE RILEY- WILL BE A THIRD YEAR STARTER- OT 6’4- 255
* LB SOPH JOHNNY CROW
* DB AARON BRAZELL
* Have not made the playoffs since 2005
- Mike Says: The Hornets bring back 15 starters from last years team. They will need that experience to try and turn things around. Look for them to go 3-7 or 4-6 in the regular season and come in 6th or 7th in the district.
- Chris Says: Azle is in a good position to make the playoffs with so many returning starters and a district that drops off rather sharply after Wichita Falls Rider and Denton Guyer. There is a good chance you will see the Hornets in postseason.
Last Years Record: 4-6 overall 2-5 District
vs Joshua (0-10) (W 27-0)
vs FW Arlington Heights (9-3) (L 16-26)
vs Fort Worth Paschal (0-10) (W 28-6)
at Saginaw Boswell (7-5)* (L 14-31)
vs N. Richland Hills Birdville (8-3)* (L 28-42)
at Keller Timber Creek (3-7)* (W 22-17)
vs Byron Nelson (7-5)* (L 21-28)
at Aledo (14-2)* (L 3-49)
at Fort Worth Brewer (6-4)* (L 14-21)
vs Springtown (1-9)* (W 21-14)
Playoffs: No Playoffs
* Playoff Appearances (12) 1959,1960,1968,1971,1992,1993,1994,1995,1996,2001,2004,2005
Championship History: NO Championship Games
Last 5 year record: 11-39
Last 10 year record: 40-64
Did you play for the Azle Hornets? You are eligible for The Brotherhood of Texas High School Football. <—click to be honored
Azle Hornets Brotherhood Members
none yet – be the first!
|Lone Star Gridiron