THSCA Leadership Summit Highlights
Updated: February 21, 2017
THSCA 2017 Leadership Summit - San Antonio, Texas
Jeff Power was on hand to bring us highlights of the 2017 Texas High School Coaches Association Foundation Leadership Summit.
The annual Texas Coaches Leadership Summit is the signature event of the Texas High School Coaches Education Foundation. The event unites coaches from across the state of Texas with one primary purpose: to coach beyond the game!
The summit featured a slate of excellent speakers addressing core values in the hopes that coaches statewide can carry the torch to help student-athletes become successful and responsible citizens.
The THSCA's motto "Helping Coaches to Help Kids" was the focus as an impressive lineup of speakers shared their topics:
- Bill Curry Former NFL Player/Author/Retired Collegiate Football Coach
"Genius, Power & Magic: Unleashing Your Personal Magnanimita”"
- Colonel Craig Flowers Director of Athletic Consulting & Development for Horizon Performance
- Derwin Gray Former NFL Player/Author/ Pastor of Transformation Church in Charlotte, NC
"Knowing your Why: Why Do YOU Coach?"
- Kevin DeShazo Author/ Founder of Fieldhouse Media
"Coaching in a Digital Age”"
- Tommy Nelson Author/Senior Pastor at Denton Bible Church
"The Priesthood of a Coach"
- Dave Davlin Motivational Speaker
"The Game-Winning Three"
- Greg Dale Director of Sports Psychology & Leadership Programs at Duke University
"Developing a Championship Culture: Great Coaches Make it a Priority"
- Tom Herman Head Football Coach at the University of Texas
"Changing a Culture"